Why patients choose us
- Treatment is one on one (no multiple rooms or running between patients)
- We spend time with you and listen to what you're telling us (you're not "in and out" in 5 minutes).
- Treatment is for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- We're highly qualified (Dave and Sara each have a minimum of 5 years University training with Bachelors and Masters Degrees)
- We look at the complete picture (even though you may have a sore knee, we look at associated areas such as your ankle, hip, low back and other parts of your spine at the same time)
- Our clinic offers a relaxed & modern environment
- Do you have Health Insurance? Claim it on the spot with us (no more waiting in queues and no hassle collecting receipts & sending off forms)
What to expect in an initial consultation
Firstly you will need to fill in a personal details form with some basic information about you and your medical history. If you have any x-rays, scans or tests that have been done, please bring them with you as they are most helpful in forming an accurate diagnosis.
Osteopaths boast one of the largest variety of available techniques to ensure that we can treat more effectively, safely and comfortably. These include:
- Soft tissue (Massage) and Stretching - Gentle to firm hands on massage aimed at releasing muscle tension
- Muscle Energy Techniques - Involves gentle muscle contraction & practitioner applied stretches to increase joint mobility & muscle length
- Articulation - Small rhythmic joint movements to increase joint range of movement
- Counterstrain techniques - Joints & muscles are held in a position of ease to reduce muscular pain
- Joint Manipulation - A direct & specific movement applied to a joint with minimum force that often produces a 'click'. This technique aims to instantly improve joint range of movement and ease muscular tension
Frequently asked questions
Do I require a referral?
No. Osteopaths are primary care practitioners and do not require a referral to commence consultation with you.
The only time you will need a referral from your treating doctor is in the case of the Veteran's Affairs scheme, Workcover and Enhanced Primary Care. If you wish to claim under these schemes please consult your doctor.
Rebates from your private health fund are available to those patients with "extras" cover. Instant claims are available through HICAPS. The rebate will vary depending on your level of cover.
The Seaview Osteopathic Clinic is Work-cover, DVA & TAC approved. Patients under Veterans' Affairs are not liable for any out of pocket expense.
Patients with chronic, complex conditions may be referred by their General Practitioner for Osteopathic treatment through Medicare under an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan.